Wednesday 21 April 2010

I love chicken nuggets!!!

Woke up feeling refreshed for the first time in what seems like ages because my toddler actually slept through the night, he has been cutting some teeth and has been unsettled in the night. For breakfast I had a yummy bowl of porridge topping with loads of strawberries and a sprinkling of flaked almonds.


Mid morning I snacked on a few dates, dried cherries and whole almonds.

A the most delicious part of the day was my homemade chicken nuggets served with homemade potato wedges and salad, they went down very well with my children and husband.


To make these all I did was chop up some chicken breast fillets, rub some crushed garlic into them, and then roll them in some beaten egg and then into a mixture of breadcrumbs, parmesan and dried parsley, covered them in clingfilm and left them in the fridge for a few hours. When it came to dinner time I put them on a baking tray, drizzled some olive oil on them and put in the oven for 20-25 minutes. They were yummy, but what amazed me the most how nutritionly they are to shop bought nuggets. Look at the difference!!

My nuggets; 29 calories each, 0.8g fat, 4.3g protein, 1.2g carbs.
Birds Eye Chicken Dippers, 42 calories each, 2.4g fat, 2.4g protein, 2.4g carbs.

There is a huge difference in the fat and protein content!! Okay so they took me longer than bunging a box of dippers in the oven, but it is so... worth it to know my kids are getting good food. My husband had them for dinner too and he wouldn't have touched a chicken nugget in the past. The wedges tasted much better then shop bought ones too.

My refreshing post run summer fruit smoothie with a scoop of whey protein.


On the whole it's been a good sun shiney day!!




2 comments:

  1. The chicken nuggets look great, now I know what to offer my little sister for tea when she comes to my house and moans that I have nothing in the fridge that she likes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were scummy! I am sure your little sister wouldn't complain about these.

    ReplyDelete